July started – architectural events and news are almost non-existing. But we managed to scrape some goods for you. This is what we have in this week’s round-up:
- RIBA International Conference was streamed online. This all-day event included speakers ranging from Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme Dr Joan Clos to David Chipperfield and Diébédo Francis Kéré. There are many hours of videos from this event and to help you find out what could be worth watching – we wrote a quick summary.
- If 7 hours of RIBA’s conference stream is not enough to keep you busy, then Charlie Rose comes to help. He recently had an interview with Ai Weiwei, Jacques Herzog and Pierre de Meuron. They came to present their latest collaboration – an installation in Park Avenue Armory called “Hansel and Gretel”. If this sounds boring – don’t worry. They also discussed their collaborations on Beijing Olympic stadium and Serpentine Gallery. In addition, Herzog and de Meuron briefly introduced their Tate Modern extension.
- Charlie Rose never rests. He also had a talk with Norman Foster. Naturally, they discussed what is most important for American audience – new Apple campus and personality of Steve Jobs. In this interview youwill learn how Apple campus came to be, what was the process, what did Steve Jobs contribute.
- It is summer time and there are chances that many of you are on vacation. Maybe on vacation in Italy. If so, this one is for you. On July 21st under the columns of the Roman Temple of Minerva in Assisi, Rem Koolhaas and Hans Ulrich Obrist will have an interview with famous avant-garde group Superstudio. Event is free. More info on Universo Assisi website.
- We also spotted a picture of an Order of the Dannebrog on Bjarke Ingel‘s Instagram with a mysterious title “Sir Ingels”. There is no confirmation of any title or award given to Bjarke Ingels anywhere on the internet to the date of the writing, so it is unclear if he is going to get one or he just likes taking pictures of shiny objects and posting them on the Instagram.
Next round-up in seven days.